Cathedral Bluffs Symphony Orchestra is proceeding with the concert on Saturday, March 14, 8pm. A pre-concert talk will begin at 7:15pm and will feature guest conductor Pratik Gandhi, guest composer/artist Barbara Croall, and concertmaster Sona Kaltagian.
We have been closely monitoring the progress of COVID-19, as we’re sure many of you have. For clear and up-to-date information about local risk, we’re following Health Canada, Public Health Ontario, and Toronto Public Health, and are abiding by their recommendations. Ontario is currently recommending the cancellation of events of over 250 people due to COVID-19. Cathedral Bluffs is expecting far fewer than that tomorrow night. We recognize that the situation is rapidly evolving, and we want to do our part to keep our community as safe as possible. As directed, we will continue to monitor recommendations made by Toronto Public Health.
The Chinese Cultural Centre is following the precautionary measures as recommended by the health and safety authorities:
- Additional hand sanitizers have been placed strategically in lobbies and other common areas on our premises.
- Signage has been placed at prominent locations reminding the public on effective hand washing instructions.
- Additional environmental cleaning has been put in place including disinfecting the high traffic areas such as all door handles, knobs, elevator buttons, stage, floor and theatre seats.
- Increased monitoring of the use of paper towels and soap dispensers in washrooms to ensure they are replenished frequently
- All public areas would also be disinfected regularly.
We also ask patrons to take the following preventive measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 15 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid handshaking
- Stay home if you are unwell, experiencing symptoms like coughing or sneezing or have recently traveled to reduce the possibility of transmission
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands (If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm)
For the concert tomorrow evening, Cathedral Bluffs will be
offering patrons pre-packaged snacks at the intermission and we will not
be serving coffee. We will continue to have bottled water available.
Thank you for your understanding.